Covid-19 Response Guidance
The current guidance is that anyone showing symptoms of Coronavirus should self isolate and get a test. The symptoms are:
- a high temperature
- a new continuous cough (coughing a lot, for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours
- a loss or change of smell or taste
From 16 August 2021:
- Positive cases still isolate (including whilst awaiting results)
- Individuals are not required to self-isolate if they live in the same household as someone with COVID-19, or are a close contact of someone with COVID-19, and any of the following apply:
- they are fully vaccinated
- they are below the age of 18 years and 6 months
- they have taken part in or are currently part of an approved COVID-19 vaccine trial
- they are not able to get vaccinated for medical reasons
This means that your children (and double jabbed adults) will remain in class unless they have tested positive or are symptomatic and awaiting results.
Parents should familiarise themselves with the Covid response flowchart which sets out the steps to take should your child exhibit symptoms. It also shows the steps the school will take to keep parents informed. Please note that we will not be informing parents every time a child goes for a test, neither will we be naming children or families in our communications.
Staff Lateral Flow Device Testing
From w/b 25th January 2021 staff on school site will be carrying out a Lateral Flow Device test twice a week on Sunday and Wednesday evenings. Should the result be positive then the whole bubble will need to isolate for 10 days. Parents will be informed asap by Parentmail.